Destructive power surges produce costly repairs. A power surge occurs when the line voltage goes above its rating and stays there longer than ten milliseconds.
With today’s advanced technology, computerized electronics and appliances can be damaged or destroyed by a surge in your home’s electrical line. It is a frequent issue. Every day, appliances are zapped by unexpected power surges. These surges often go unnoticed, however (except by your poor appliance). The end result is a shorter life for your appliance by approximately 30%. Why pay full price for only a fraction of the product’s use?
The Need for Surge Protection
There are many reasons why power quality is a pressing issue. Our team at Mister Sparky can protect your home from electric surges.
The interior of today’s computers are more dense than years before, and more sensitive to the slightest surges. Additionally, many homes and offices are using more powered equipment than before. Every time a device is used, transient voltages are generated.
Microprocessors are used more today than in the past as well. Microprocessors are in computers, TVs, stereos, VCRs, DVRs, refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwave ovens, and dishwashers. They are sensitive and can be destroyed without adequate protection from a surge protector.
Internal surges occur when a device suddenly shut offs. The energy consumed by these devices creates excess voltage and redirects it. Surges also occur when a power company switches geographic power off the grid to meet its system demand. Thunderstorms and lightening also threaten the safety of your electric surges.
To protect your home from power surges, call Mister Sparky today at (650) 480-5064. Our experienced electricians will understand your needs and explain the best options available for your home.